The reference-class MDX1600 is a marvelous dual-channel Expander/ Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter that is ideal for: compressing mono or stereo signals, without loss of high frequencies; increasing vocal presence and energy; and limiting, or smoothing out extremely-high signal peaks. Additionally, the MDX1600 features an integrated Dynamic Enhancer, De-Esser, and Low-Contour filter to provide the ultimate in signal enrichment. Put simply, the MDX1600 can do amazing things for your vocals or instruments – providing virtually everything you need for studio-quality dynamics processing!
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) program-adaptive compression circuitry combines the advantages of hard-knee and soft-knee characteristics
- Adjustable dynamic Enhancer with level meter for brilliant, lively audio even with heavy compression
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and program limiter for reliable and inaudible protection against signal peaks
- Switchable De-esser removes excessive sibilance from your vocal tracks
- IRC (Interactive Ratio Control) expander/gate circuitry for virtually inaudible noise suppression
- Automatically or manually adjustable attack and release times
- Switchable Low contour filter prevents «pumping» due to low-frequency dominated compression.