The BUFEX Buffer/Expander/Volume Control from Bogen is designed to control up to 150 speakers in 100V, 70V, or 25V Systems. Emergency announcements are heard at full volume even if local volume is low or turned off.
The BUFEX is a continuously variable speaker attenuator that can remotely control the volume of a network of speakers. The BUFEX also provides output buffering for up to 150 self-amplified speaker inputs and allows speaker system expansion of existing 100V, 70V, or 25V central amplifier systems. The BUFEX includes a bypass function that can override the volume control knob setting when activated by a contact closure or open collector output. This allows emergency announcements to be heard through all speakers in a system even if the volume control knob setting is set low or off. A PCB-mounted bypass trim control adjusts the volume when in bypass mode with a maximum of 12 dB of attenuation. The BUFEX fits into a single gang electrical box.
- Continuously variable attenuator
- Drive up to 150 self-amplified speaker inputs
- 100V, 70V, 25V, and page port level selectable input
- Bypass trim control for emergency paging (12 dB of preset control over level of bypass announcements)
- Mounts in a single gang electrical box
- Rugged and attractive stainless steel plate with engraved lettering
- Easy and secure terminal strip connections
- Two-Year Warranty