Shure DDS 5900
Digital discussion system enables up to 250 meeting participants to hear each other clearly, across the room or across the country. Operates as stand-alone discussion system or connects to external AV equipment or videoconferencing system. Choice of portable or flush-mount discussion units for temporary or permanent installation.
The DDS 5900 Digital Discussion System is an all-in-one sound system that gives every participant their own microphone and loudspeaker, for clear sound in any size room. It easily connects to your videoconferencing system or recording equipment, and even allows for simultaneous translation when multi-lingual meetings take place.
- Fully Digital Audio Streaming
- Control of up to 250 discussion units
- Additionally, up to 32 units can be configured as interpreter units.
- 2 language interpretation channels
- Up to 8 open microphones simultaneously on performance channels
- Offers 4 microphone operating modes: automatic, FIFO, manual and VOX (voice activated)
- Microphone “Auto Off” function
- Ethernet TCP / IP connection for external control
- DCS-LAN connection using shielded CAT5e (or higher) cable, F / UTP or U / FTP
- Web browser interface for easy configuration of system parameters
- Discussion units programmable as chairman, delegate or interpreter
- Scrambled audio to prevent eavesdropping
- Interchangeable covers for the discussion unit keypad
The DDS 5900 combines the microphone, loudspeaker, interpretation audio, and user controls in an integrated system. Now with a choice of both permanently-installed flush-mount and portable discussion units, the DDS 5900 is equally at home in historic buildings and contemporary meeting spaces.
- Corporate meeting rooms
- City councils and regional government bodies
- Educational institutions
- Non-profit organizations