The Shure SLX14/84 is a rackmount wireless lavalier microphone system that brings reliable transmission and high-quality audio to presenters, performers, clergy, and instructors. Fast to set up and easy to operate, it is suitable for A/V installations in lecture halls, conference rooms, and houses of worship as well as for use in performance spaces including musical stages, theaters, and more.
The SLX14/84 features a half-rack receiver housed in a rugged, full-metal chassis. It utilizes Predictive Switching Diversity to protect the transmission from RF interference. The receiver’s auto-scan function searches a 24 MHz UHF tuning range with 960 selectable frequencies available, seeking out a clean, interference-free channel, even when operating multiple systems simultaneously.
This configuration comes with a WL184 supercardioid lavalier microphone optimized for speech intelligibility. The bodypack transmitter provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries, with a fixed 30mW RF power output and a transmission range up to 330′. Up to 12 wireless mics can operate simultaneously in the same space.
- Auto-scan instantly locates a clear, interference-free channel for safe transmission
- Predictive diversity technology uses a microprocessor to switch antennas before dropouts occur, greatly improving reception
- Shure’s patented Audio Reference Companding delivers crystal-clear audio with a 45 Hz to 15 kHz frequency response
- Automatically synchronize the frequency between the transmitter and the receiver via the easily accessible infrared (IR) port
- A three–position gain switch allows you to adjust the input level
- Two AA batteries (included) provide up to 8 hours of continuous use
- Power switch doubles as mute switch with quick press
- Frequency, power, and mute lockout
- Backlit LCD shows group, channel, battery, and lockout status
- TA4M 4-pin input jack
- Lightweight design with molded ABS housing