The Nord Grand features a premium weighted keybed with advanced triple sensors that capture the movements of the hammers with exceptional precision, delivering the smooth and natural feel of an acoustic grand piano.
Incorporating our award-winning performance features and hands-on user interface the lightweight Nord Grand not only provides an extraordinary playing experience, but is also an elegant new approach to our stage piano series.
- 88-note Kawai Hammer Action with advanced triple sensors
- Ivory touch keys
- Seamless Transitions when changing programs
- Layer and Split with Split Point crossfades
- OLED display for excellent overview
- Support for Nord Piano Monitor
- 2 GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Dedicated Piano Filters for Acoustic and Electric Pianos
- 3 Dynamic Curves
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal (included)
- Advanced String Resonance
- Soft Release
- 512 MB Memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with Attack, Decay/Release and dynamic controls
- High quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes
- Reverb with three modes – Room, Stage and Hall
The well balanced and responsive triple sensor keybed features an advanced mechanism providing extraordinary control both when playing percussively as well as pianissimo with fluent repetitions and retriggering without lifting the key completely. The addition of an Ivory Touch surface gives the keybed an optimal feel and authenticity.
The Nord Grand has dedicated knobs and buttons for all essential functions required in a live performance situation. Creating Layers and Splits, adding effects or transposing the instrument can be accomplished on the fly.
Seamless transitions when changing programs while playing.
The two sound sections can be combined in a layer or split over the keyboard. Each of the sound sections can have specific effects, Volume Pedal and/or Sustain Pedal assigned to them.
The Nord Grand has 7 Split Points indicated with LED lights and the Split Point Crossfades offers smooth transitions between two split zones. Choose from 3 different crossfade widths (Small, Large or Off) as indicated by different LED colors.
Our unique Advanced String Resonance reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played on our Grand and Upright piano sounds. It also adds the rich resonant ambience of a real piano when playing with pedal down.