Shure BETA 87C
Excellent for touring professionals, the BETA?87C premium vocal microphone delivers studio-grade performance and a smooth, extended high-end frequency response in a cardioid condenser design.
The microphone adds warmth to the frequency response and creates an ideal environment for personal monitoring. And its highly consistent cardioid pattern offers excellent rear rejection.
Both mics have the same sound characteristics. The difference is in the polar pattern, since the BETA87C is cardioid while the BETA87A is supercardioid.
The Shure Beta 87C is a high-quality manual vocal cardioid condenser microphone with an exceptionally smooth frequency response and a great ability to accept high sound pressure levels. It is perfect for professional solo or backing singers, whether on stage or in live or studio recordings. Its cardioid polar pattern makes it ideal for use with monitoring headphones.
- Wide, smooth frequency response with slight presence enhancement.
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern for maximum isolation.
- Minimal off-axis tonal coloration.
- An attenuation of the bass compensates for the proximity effect.
- Three-stage pop filter minimizes breath pop and other noise
- Very sturdy stand adapter
Vocalists who use personal monitor systems such as Shure PSM? will appreciate how effectively the BETA 87C rejects ambient sound from the rear of the microphone.
Vocal microphone delivers a tailored response for a warm, natural sound. It features a cardioid polar pattern for maximum isolation, minimal off-axis tone coloration, a 3-stage pop filter to minimize breath noise, and a break-resistant stand adapter.
- Smooth, wide frequency response, slight presence rise
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern for maximum isolation
- Minimum off-axis tone coloration
- Low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Three-stage pop filter minimizes breath pop and noise
- Break-resistant stand adapter
- Frequency response: 50 – 20,000 Hz