The 1970s and ’80s spawned the first wave of portable analog synthesizers, and while quickly adopted by a bevy of renowned musical artists including Jan Hammer, Chick Corea, Rick Wakeman, Jean-Michel Jarre, Isao Tomita and Keith Emerson to name a few, they were somewhat temperamental and very expensive.
An updated incarnation of its predecessors with all the original features and then some, the BEHRINGER NEUTRON lets you conjure up virtually any monophonic sound imaginable with incredible finesse and ease. The pure analog signal path is based on authentic VCO, VCF, VCA and state variable filter designs in conjunction, with a flexible, multi-wave LFO and classic Bucket Brigade Delay (BBD). NEUTRON’s Paraphonic mode allows both 3340 analog oscillators to be independently controlled for an expanded palette of tonal options. And when it comes to protection and convenience, the NEUTRON can be mounted in a standard Eurorack, making it ideal for the studio and/or the road. Owning a NEUTRON is like having your own personal time machine, enabling you to freely embrace the past – or shape the future!
- Paraphonic synthesizer with authentic dual 3340 analog oscillators for insanely fat music creation
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO design to recreate classic sound performance
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, pulse, sawtooth, triangle, sine)
- Individual pulse width / tone mod control provides ultimate sounds
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Self-oscillating, multi-mode VCF with dual output (e.g. LP+HP available on jacks)
- 2 analog ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Flexible LFO with five waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync and key sync
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation