The 6G-SDI Extender over Fiber Optic with Return Channel is a unique solution from MuxLab for extending SDI cameras or other SDI sources in up to 4K resolutions to a distance of up to 400m (1300ft) using OM4 multi-mode fiber (model 500734), 10km (33,000ft) using single-mode fiber (model 500734-SM10), 40km (132,000ft) using single-mode fiber (model 500734-SM40), and 80km (264,000ft) using single-mode fiber (model 500734-SM80).The product supports multichannel transmission, and can simultaneously transmit up to 9Gbps of data throughput over the fiber link, and allows for versatile combinations of sources, including 6G-SDI, 3G-SDI and HD-SDI. The unit supports simultaneous transmission of mixed signals such as one 6G-SDI signal + one 3G-SDI, or two 3G-SDI signals + two HD-SDI signals, and many other combinations up to 9Gbps. The device supports one input and one output SDI port, plus three directional SDI ports that can be individually configured as input or output. This flexibility allows for up to four source ports and one return channel, or up to one source port and four return channels, or anything in between. The SDI return channel may be used for AV monitoring and talk-back, while the RS232 pass-through supports return of tally light, camera control unit (CCU) and control of end devices.
- Extend up to 4K @ 30Hz resolution from 985ft (300m) over OM3 MM fiber to 265000ft (80km) over SM fiber
- Supports multichannel transmission, and can simultaneously transmit up to 9Gbps of data
- Accepts mixed signal transmission of up to one 6G-SDI signal + one 3G-SDI, or two 3G-SDI signals + two HD-SDI signals, and many other combinations in any direction, including the return channels
- Supports one input and one output SDI port, plus three configurable directional SDI ports
- Supports RS232 pass-through for remote control and as a return channel for tally light and camera control unit (CCU)
- Supported modes: SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 425M
- Supports all 6G channel configurations (1, 2, or 4 BNC)
- Automatic SDI Link recognition and configuration
- Supports a standard SFP+ module for the optical fiber interface, or other media
- USB interface for diagnostics and field upgradable firmware
- Aluminum casting enclosure for ruggedized use.