The Atlona AT-HD-SC-500 is a 3×1 switcher and HD scaler with two HDMI inputs and a VGA input with audio. It is designed to take video signals from switchers, PCs, or laptops, and scale them to an HDMI output at a wide range of resolutions and rates, up to 1080p @ 60 Hz and 1920×1200. The HD-SC-500 can serve as the central component of a compact, automated AV system with the convenience of automatic input selection and display control. It enables input selection, volume, and display on/off control from the front panel or external RS-232 or TCP/IP commands. The HD-SC-500 incorporates many popular integration convenience features while delivering excellent value for classrooms, huddle rooms, and meeting spaces.
The HD-SC-500 offers advanced scaling capabilities including image adjustment capability, and an auto-set feature for matching incoming signals to the display’s native resolution. Integrated scaling helps optimize image quality and switching performance. This switcher and scaler also features audio de-embedding, and third-party TCP/IP and RS-232 control of the scaler and display.
Surface mounting brackets are provided with the HD-SC-500 for easy under-table, furniture, or on-wall installation.
Automatic Display Control
The HD-SC-500 provides control to a display through TCP/IP, RS-232, or CEC*, without the need for a separate control system. This simplifies system design and integration while reducing costs. With automatic display control, the HD-SC-500 can trigger a display to power on automatically whenever a laptop or other device is connected. At the end of the presentation, when the presenter disconnects the laptop, the HD-SC-500 forces the display to power off. Ease of presenter interaction with the system, and the savings incurred by automatic display shutdown provide a significant return on investment. The HD-SC-500 display control capability can also be triggered by an external control system.
A power button on the front panel can be used for manual on/off control of either the HD-SC-500 or the display. Front panel volume controls are also available to control the display’s internal audio, or another device with volume control, such as a DSP or another switcher.
* Consumer Electronics Control (CEC): Atlona does not guarantee the function of CEC with all televisions. We can confirm proper operation with many current Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony TVs. Many manufacturers do not support the CEC “off” command when sent from a source and older TVs use proprietary commands. Atlona only supports those TVs that follow CEC command structure from HDMI 1.2a and support the “off” command when issued by a source. We encourage any dealer to get evaluation product from Atlona prior to designing a system around this control technology or be prepared to use other methods to control their displays if Atlona CEC is not compatible with the installed displays.
- 3×1 switcher with two HDMI® inputs and one VGA input
- HD video scaler with HDMI output and input resolution control
- Automatic input selection and automatic display control
- Front panel input selection, display on/off, and volume control
- TCP/IP and RS-232 control
- Audio de-embedding
- On-screen display with front panel menu controls